A message from our school
Edward Bryant School is a friendly, caring school committed to offering every child a secure, stimulating and happy environment where your child can do their best. We all enjoy being the best we can be.
At Edward Bryant School we promote high standards and expectations by:
- Developing lively and enquiring minds so that children acquire the knowledge and skills relevant to their needs and the ever-changing demands of society.
- Providing a stimulating and structured environment that encourages independent learning with an emphasis on first hand experience.
- Promoting self-discipline that encourages the development of courteous, confident and responsible citizens.
- Promoting tolerance and understanding of other races, religions and cultures.
- Guiding pupils through a creative and challenging curriculum, based on The National Curriculum.
We place high value on strong home-school partnerships, because it is through working together that your child will develop and excel.
My name is Emma Purkis and I am the Acting Headteacher for the school for the next two terms, whilst Mr Waddington is on secondment as a Consultant Headteacher.
I have been lucky enough to have worked at Edward Bryant School for the last 24 years and have fulfilled a wide number of roles. These have involved me teaching all year groups, working as the SENCO as well as both an Assistant Headteacher and then as Deputy Headteacher.
As a school we are in a very strong position as we have a committed, secure staff team and as a result our children enjoy a broad and balanced curriculum delivered in an engaging and exciting manner.
I feel very privileged and excited to have been given the opportunity to lead the school for the next 2 terms and I hope that you enjoy exploring our website and finding out more about what our school has to offer.