To ensure that all children are taught strategies that will enable them to become fluent, enthusiastic readers and confident writers.
How do we do this?
- Through the explicit, regular teaching of phonics and phonic strategies using a systematic, synthetic phonics approach
- Through the explicit, regular teaching of spelling patterns and rules in a consistent progression
- Through high quality formative assessment leading to careful differentiation for all ability groups
- Through modelling the use of the phonic strategies when reading, leading to the finding of meaning in the text
- Through fostering an atmosphere of enjoyment around reading and writing